Nowadays, more and more mobile phones, notebooks, tablet computers and other devices choose to carry Type-C interface. Why is this interface favored by the market, and what are its benefits? The following article will introduce you in detail.
What is the Type-C interface?
Regarding the concept of Type-C interface, Type-C is the latest USB interface appearance standard, and its volume is much smaller than Tpe-A and Type-B. There is no difference between the positive and negative directions of this interface, and it can be plugged and unplugged at will.
In addition, Type-C is an interface type that can be applied to both PC (master device) and external devices (slave devices, such as mobile phones), which is epoch-making.
From the appearance of the interface, the biggest feature of Type-C is that it does not distinguish between positive and negative. Players who are familiar with DIY hardware know that whether it is CPU, memory stick, graphics card, hard disk interface, they all have a “silly-proof port” design to prevent the interface from being plugged in and failing to boot. The USB-A type interface we use most often in our daily life also has a fool-proof design, but due to the small size of the interface, miracles occur from time to time. The USB Type-C interface solves this problem from the source. Because the 24 pins of this interface are symmetrically distributed in the center of the contact function. In this way, the equipment can successfully recognize and realize the operation of complete functions when inserting and inserting in reverse.
What are the advantages of Type-C?
- The USB Type-C interface is more convenient when plugging and unplugging, and more importantly, it has strong compatibility, with a data transmission bandwidth of up to 10Gb/s. The most common use for connecting different devices to each other is naturally data exchange.
- In addition to data transmission, this interface also has power transmission capabilities.
- In addition to supporting PD fast charge protocol, this interface also supports DPAltmode video output protocol. This is achieved by adding a DisplayPort video bus to the original USB bus in the Type-C interface.
- When the notebook is connected with an external display device, there is no need to use a power cord to power the notebook. The keyboard and mouse can also control the notebook through the USB-A interface on the display, which is the USBHUB extension. Features.
- In addition to the convenience of plugging and unplugging, the USB Type-C interface is also extremely compatible with equipment. It can not only achieve high-standard data transmission and power supply, but also the current top level in video signal transmission specifications.
In the Type-C era, using a display with USB-C port expansion can effectively reduce the number of cables, which is a boon for most people. If you have any questions, please contact us. Elecbee electronics engineers provide the most professional answers to help you choose the right and safe connector.