Due to the development of electronic components, RF coaxial connectors have many good properties. Many people may have some questions about how to install RF coaxial connectors. The following article will give you answers.
Crimp tool for Flexible cable
Crimp tool for Flexible cable can be worked for the cable with Φ2.5～Φ10.5 OD and suitable for kinds of rf coaxial connector.
Mounting tool for Semi-rigid cable
Semi-rigid cable tool can be worked for SMA connector with SFT-50-2(RG405/U) and SFT-50-3(RG402/U) Semi-rigid cable. Other RF connector for this kind of cable also can try this tool.
2. Installation methods and procedures
The way to install Flexible cable
- Strip Cable: strip the cable base on the drawing size by wire stripper and blade, but can not break the cable contact, insulator and shield.
- Solder centre contact: install the clip, then use the melting point above + 125 ° C solder tin to connect the pin of the connector to the centre contact of the cable. Be careful, not to burn the cable insulation
- Crimp the outer conductor : Use the tool to crimp the sleeve and cable to ensure the conductor connect with shield well.
- Install the heat shrinkable tube: Blow the hot air evenly with the air blower gun and tighten the heat-shrinkable tube.
The way to install Semi-rigid cable
- Strip Cable: strip the cable base on the drawing size with a lathe or special tool.
- Solder centre contact: use the melting point above + 150 ° C solder tin to solder the outer conductor and use the melting point above + 125 ° C solder tin to soder the inner conductor.
The assemblied cable shall be tested for contact resistance, insulation resistance and medium voltage resistance.
Above are all the introduction of “How to install the RF coaxial connector “. Elecbee is trusted company specializing in R&D, production, and sales of RF connectors, RF adapters, and antennas. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us. we will arrange professional engineers to answer you.